To make 2 Strawberry Twister combine:
- 1 cup (250ml) of fresh coconut water
- 1 cup (250 ml) strawberries hulled and sliced
- 3 T of sugar syrup or agave nectar
- To make the sugar syrup, boil sugar and water together in a ratio of 1:3 sugar to water until it thickens to a runny syrup consistency. Store in a jar for all future cocktail making.
- Measure 1 cup of coconut water, either directly from a cut-open coconut or from a store-bought container (if you are lucky enough to live in an area that sells fresh coconut water in a bottle).
- Combine the strawberries and sugar syrup and blend with a blender to desired consistency.
- Serve with ice.
To make 3 -4
- 1 English cucumber
- 3 C water
- 3 lemons
- 2 T sugar
- 1 small bunch basil
- 1 C soda water
- Start by cutting your cucumber in half. Peel one half and cut it lengthwise (you can cut it in half again first if need be).
- Scoop the seeds out and chop it into pieces.
- Put the cucumber pieces in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Put puree in a fine mesh sieve over a container and push with a wooden spoon or spatula, extracting as much liquid as you can from the cucumber puree.
- Fill a separate bowl or container with 3 cups water. Squeeze 2 lemons into the water and mix in the sugar.
- Pour lemonade and cucumber juice into a pitcher or serving container. Slice remaining cucumber half (unpeeled) and remaining lemon and add to pitcher. Add basil, too. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with ice.
Hibiscus and Mint Lemonade
- 4 bags hibiscus tea (such as Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger)
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for serving
- 2 1/2 cups store-bought lemonade or Classic Lemonade
- In a small saucepan, steep the tea and mint in 2 cups boiling water, using a wooden spoon to gently mash the mint; let cool. Discard the tea bags and mint. In a pitcher, combine the tea and lemonade. Serve over ice and garnish with the mint sprigs.